Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineer
Mc Kenna Precision Eng. is a reputable and expanding business in the North East is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineer to join them on a Permanent basis.
• Preparation of manufacturing drawings for the workshop, using Solid works
• Measurement of projects on customer sites
• Ordering of material & standard components
• Meeting with customers to design the parts they require.
• Inspecting the finished items to ensure they are as per design.
• Preparation of relevant information for the costing of the jobs
• Design & Manufacturing drawings of machined and fabricated components using Solid works 3D CAD
• Ability to do site measurements and good Customer Communication skills.
• Overseeing in house manufacturing of projects
• Sheet metal developments & profiles
• Project management of jobs both on site and in the workshop.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar role, with a strong understanding of fabrication processes.
• Candidate should be self-managing, and the ability to deliver projects from consultation with customer to completed assembly installed on customer site.
• Must have excellent English.
• A good knowledge of relevant industry standards for various products, and how they are applied to their design.
• Candidates should hold a 3rd level Mechanical / Manufacturing qualification.
• Candidate should hold a full drivers licence.
• Typical products designed and manufactured range from precision machined and turned components to fabrications of large hoppers, platforms, safety guards etc. .
• All products are manufactured in house using various CNC machining, turning and profiling equipment.
• Position is open with an immediate start date.
• As this is a management role within our company the level of Salary will be reflected on the ability of the applicant.
Please send your C.V. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.